Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Life as an Expat - Part 1

Ok, so the fact that I'm departing in 3 days is really starting to set in. As I tie up all of the loose ends and think of what is ahead of me, I wonder if I will feel like an eternal stranger or will I integrate into the local culture. How difficult will the language barrier be? How long will it take me to understand basic Spanish? A permanent job, housing, food, people...they're all unknowns.

The thought of my inevitable return stateside feels like like a lifetime away, while in reality I know it will be right around the corner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, love what I've read so far! I'm going to print the Six Tips for Happiness and give that a try. ;-)

Hope you're having fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Ha! We know what that means.

Lee

Anonymous said...

P.S. The photos do not work on the right hand side of the page. FYI.