Friday, October 06, 2006

Rome - The Eternal City


It's official - I'm going to Rome! I booked my flight to Rome, along with a 2nd trip to London.

Rome: October 18th-24th (yes, in two weeks)
London: November 16th - 22nd

Getting there is basically free. My round-trip flight to Rome set me back a total of $25.00, including fees & taxes. London will be $75. I will be in Rome for 5 days, so I hope to enjoy most of what Rome has to offer. Below is currently on my agenda. Please let me know if you have anything you think I should add, remove or substitute.

  • St. Peters Basilica
  • Colosseum
  • Fontana dei Fiumi (Piazza di Trevi)
  • Pantheon (Piazza della Rotonda)
  • Forum Romanum (Coliseum nearby)
  • Galleria Borguhese (Villa Borguese Park)
  • Piazza Novona (according to many, it's the most beautiful square in the world)
  • Botanical Gardens (Lungotevere Farnesina)
I've read that I need to eat cene (italian for dinner) at Dar Poeta and Ditirambo. Finally, I did some research on some discos (clubs) and found that Rome has a surprisingly good nightlife. I'm very excited. I'll make sure to take a lot of photos.

No comments: