Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Marrakech , Morocco

I just booked what could be my last trip outside Barcelona before I head back to the U.S. Then again, something may change in the next 6 months. I love the unknown. I'll be going with my friend Jose, which will be great. We leave on April 19th and return to BCN on the 24th. Apparently the weather is nearly perfect around that time of the year in Marrakech. What gets me so excited about Marrakesh is that it will be completely different than all of the other cities. No more European vibe. Oh, and the food...mint tea, fresh orange juice and more! Mmmm....

Apparently the Djemaa el-Fna square is an experience in itself.

"It is the Medina and in its central square Djemaa el-Fna that will undoubtedly fire the imagination. Djemaa el-Fna is the heart and soul of Mariachi life and which really comes alive with the setting of the sun, when a caravansai of food vendors, selling all manner of Moroccan delicacies descend on the square. These are accompanied by snake charmers, wide eyed story
tellers, musicians and performers that lend a medieval scent to the night air. To the north of the square are the important religious buildings and the souqs whilst to the south are the imperial quarters where the palaces and monuments of past rulers proudly stand." - Wikitraval

Please contact me or leave a comment if you've been to Marrakech and would like to pass along any tips. Again, my email is chrisrako at gmail dot com. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never been, but please do NOT engage in any butt sex while there or we may never hear from you again.

Oh, and can you get me a rug? It doesn't have to be a flying kind, just an original Moroccan.

Muchos besos!

Chris Rako said...

oh, lord. and here my mother thought you were a good boy, Ivan... ;)