Friday, June 01, 2007

Generational Divides

Because I was born between 1980 and 2000 (1982 to be exact), I am part of what demographers label the “Millennials”. Other labels given to people born during this period include the Internet Generation, Echo Boomers, Nexters, Generation Y, Nintendo Generation, and the Digital Generation.

Like all generations, we have a completely new perspective, a different set of values, new experiences and an extremely distinctive work ethic. In my opinion, the generation gap between the older Millennials just entering the work force and the Boomers already entrenched in the work force is the largest it’s ever been. The divider will grow even larger as the younger Millennials begin to enter the work force in 10 years. Hell, I already notice significant differences between myself and younger members of the Millennials.

Over the next week, I will post my thoughts on this topic. Tomorrow is part 1 where I’ll discuss the technological differences.

No comments: