Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Change in plans...I'm still in London

I am supposed to be in Barcelona by now. Well, I missed my flight by 5 minutes. I was a bit upset - that is until I found another ticket for $40.00 leaving on Sunday. Not only is that extremely inexpensive, but it will give me another weekend in London. I'm going to take advantage of this as much as comfortably possible. The only downside to arriving in Barcelona on Sunday is that it will give me only one day to prepare for my 3 week Eurotrip .

The past couple of days have kept me very busy. I went to a very popular disco on Monday called Heaven. The people I went with got me in free and into the VIP room. The VIP room was extremely posh, but I didn't stay in there for very long because I was dancing in the large house music room for most of the night. It's funny how fast 5 hours goes when you're dancing and having a good time.

Yesterday during the day I went to the V&A museum. I continue to be amazing at the quality of museums that you can enjoy in London for free. I was there for several hours and would haved stay longer had they not kicked me out for a private party that was about to start.

Later in the night I saw the musical Avenue Q (it won a tony for best new musical in 2004). I was very familiar with the musical because I've owned the score for well over a year. Still, seeing it live with all of the additional content kept it fresh and fun. I would highly recommend it to anyone, but it's especially good for those in their 20s and 30s that are still "trying to figure it all out". The CD can be bought from Amazon.com.


I continue to be amazed over the food here in London. I've had some amazing Indian & Moroccan food. Staying here through Sunday will allow me to enjoy even more of the many things London has to offer.

No comments: