Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Random Observations

American Music
I just don’t get it. English music is played in bars, clubs, shops, gyms and grocery stores. Give this; one would think that more people would speak English, or at least be able to understand it. Oddly, that is not the case. So why do these places play it? Is it in some strange way cool or hip to play American music?

The Lip Piercing
It seems to be very hip to have a steal ball piercing either slightly above or below the lip towards the corner of the mouth. I think it looks very silly, but a lot of people my age with them.



Wiskey & Redbull
Wiskey & Redbull is a lot more popular than the typical vodka redbull that has become so popular over the past few years within the U.S. Actually, wiskey is more popular than vodka, period. I'll be curious to see if Wiskey Redbull is as popular outside Barcelona/Spain.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen Topher! More people (whose native language isn't English) speak English than Americans who speak ALL foreign languages combined. Quit your bitching and learn some Spanish!

Chris Rako said...

First, I am learning Spanish. More importantly, my point is simply why play music that the majority of your customer don't understand. I don't recall places in the U.S playing music in Spanish or (gah!) Serbian!u

Anonymous said...

I think because Madonna is American, and everybody understands Madonna. Yup, it's true.

Anonymous said...

OK.. I'm going to try Whiskey and RedBull this weekend.